October 15, 2009

A Non-Review of The Beatles Remasters


Currently in my possession are some copies of The Beatles Remasters.
Thanks to Adam.
First of all I would like to say these are well worth purchasing.
You can buy the remastered Beatles albums separately for around $20 in Australia or buy the fancy box set.


Overall the albums have a lot more dynamic clarity and sound less
flat than what has previously been available.
The main thing I have noticed is a much better low end sound.
The bass and drums are a lot more present and the guitars have more zing.
Previously muffled overdubbed sound effects come through in the mix.
If you are a non-aficionado these are a great introduction,
if you are a fan then this will add some new interest and freshness.
And if you hate The Beatles, well you’ll still hate it.

I wrote a whole bunch of stuff on each Beatles album but just then my computer crashed half way through due to some kind of power surge!!!

I should be pissed off but as Harrison says "All Things Must Pass"

So with some regrets that draws this one quickly to a close!

OK so for the record, Magical Mystery tour is my fave - check it out.


No comments: